Who does it effect, and why?
The BRC Global Standard for Food Safety is a globally recognised set of standards that applies to retailers, manufacturers, ingredients companies, food service organisations, and raw material processors as part of their supplier approval process.
The site’s senior management shall demonstrate they are fully committed to the implementation of the requirements of the Global Standard for Food Safety and to processes which facilitate continual improvement of food safety and quality management.
- The company shall have a confidential reporting system to enable staff to report concerns relating to product safety, integrity, quality and legality.
- The mechanism (e.g. the relevant telephone number) for reporting concerns must be clearly communicated to staff. The company’s senior management shall have a process for assessing any concerns raised.
- Records of the assessment and, where appropriate, actions taken, shall be documented.
What to do next?
- Reporting issues to management can often be quite difficult for employees or third party suppliers. That’s why it is vital to establish a trustworthy Confidential Reporting tool that is user friendly and as straightforward as possible for your users. This is where Food Safe Reports comes into its own.
- The Mechanism for reporting concerns is via a secure web portal that your users can access using your unique company code which is generated through registration. Users can access this portal through any web based device, which means concerns can be logged outside of the workplace.
- Company login is provided through the homepage, where an administrator can view all anonymous records and action same.